Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Making Progress

After waiting a week for our attorney to forward us the retainer letter from the Georgia attorney, I contacted the Georgia attorney to see when she had mailed it.  It had been done last week!  So I called our attorney to find out if he had received it - - he wasn't sure and would need to check and call me back.  When he called me back, he said that he had received it and would get it to me in that day's mail. 

Thursday was a busy day for us as we started compiling and signing more paperwork for our home study review.  We had to get more reference letters, background checks done, and our fingerprints taken.  We also are needing to get physicals redone and letters from the doctor sent. 

Friday, I was able to drop off the documents that were completed and the fingerprints at the office in Andover.  When we got back home from Andover what should we find in our mailbox??  Our retainer letter that we had been waiting for.


This morning we faxed our signed retainer letter and sent payment to our Georgia attorney, who will represent Alexis, and not us.  I emailed her letting her know, not expecting to hear anything back until Monday, since this is over the weekend.  Not only did she take our payment, but she emailed back and said she would be calling Alexis on MONDAY!  AHH!!!  Please be in prayer for this phone call as I'm sure they will be working on setting up a time to begin meeting with Alexis.  Since the attorney will be representing Alexis and not us, I'm not sure what to expect in terms of her communication with us as to what Alexis reveals during their sessions.  So...hopefully this week, Alexis will be able to meet with the attorney and start to feel like things are progressing as she has been wondering why it has taken so long for the attorney to contact her.  Please pray that she will be open to going with waiving her Georgia rights and going with Kansas law as our attorney has requested.  I'm sure that will be one of the first things that would be discussed.

Things could get "busy" again for a little while as they start the whole process, especially of seeking out the birth father, etc.  I know God is in control, but there are times when I am fearful as she is only 18 weeks and so much could happen between now and January!!  This has been a wonderful learning time for me to remember to trust!!  Thanks for coming along with us as we start a new road on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment