So with that said frustration, I emailed the GA attorney back and asked if there was anything further we needed to be doing. No response.
This evening, as I was checking email, I found this in our inbox from our GA attorney:
I am still in the office and have good news for you. R.P. (changed for privacy)
sent me the documents and I can now contact the birth mother to schedule
an appointment.
YES!!! FINALLY!!
There have been times, when I have wondered if Alexis even exists. Is this all some sort of a game? I think part of that is due to the fact that we have no contact with her per her wishes. This is the total opposite of how it went with Adia's adoption. Once we were matched we were on the phone 1-2 times a day with her birth mother (granted Adia was already born when we were matched). I had even won an auction on ebay today for a brand new travel system for the baby as well as our new carrier cover that arrived in the mail today and that still didn't quite give me the great hope that this email offered to me that yes, Alexis does exist, I just need to trust! Waiting is hard for me, so God is having me learn to lean on him as we WAIT until January.
Our family is going through a lot of big changes right now and will continue until our new baby arrives. Skeeter is taking EMT classes 3 nights a week and then when he is home, he is studying. So our family time is very limited, but very treasured. The kids are feeling that daddy is gone so much (classes end in December) but Jonathan is especially struggling. Please pray that I will be the godly mother to know how to deal with him as we all work through this.
We are also having some major vehicle issues, one of which almost caused the children and I to be in an accident last night. It seems like since May (Anne's breaking of ankle), the Lord has really been putting us through the refiner's fire. I pray we come out as gold as He desires!
Thank you for continuing to pray as we learn (which is a not so fun process sometimes) to WAIT on the Lord and His plan for our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment