hearing from a parent whose child came home from VBS and starting asking questions about sin
AND
seeing people in my "crew of helpers" see the need of a hurting little boy and reach out to him by giving him "new to him" pairs of shoes. This boy is one that most people might "forget" about as he was needy of attention but the crew saw that his shoes were literally falling apart and felt the need to show him the love of Jesus. How amazing of an encouragement for me to see the teenagers show they care about others! I pray that through this act of kindness that this boy will come to know Jesus as his Savior.
We have also been blessed through the donations of clothes. Last week, Adia was given some clothes. Anne was given some clothes this week. Jaydon was also given some shoes and clothes last week as well. Jonathan had been gifted some clothes about a year ago and a lot of those still fit. Between the donations and some good deals at the consignment sale, we are mostly ready for school! Yay!! Praise the Lord for how He continues to take care of us.
Thankfully, Jonathan's eye is doing very well and isn't red or sensitive to light anymore.
We have some additional prayer requests to share with you. Skeeter found out last week that he will need to change to second shift for at least a couple of weeks to help get them caught back up on their work. We pray for adjustment in this change in our schedule. He starts this new schedule today!
This month, I am on call for jury duty. With Skeeter's change in schedule and me trying to get the kids to enrollment for school, eye doctor appointments and orthodontist appointments, I am hoping that this time around I will "be passed by"! :)
The next prayer request can get kind of complicated so I will do my best to keep it simple. Jaydon's birth mom, Mommy D, has worked with 2 different social workers since we have known her. The one social worker contacted us back in March to ask us if we'd consider adopting another one of Mommy D's babies (she ended up not being pregnant??). She has also kept us up to date with how Mommy D is doing. I am sad to say, this dear lady continues to search and is not getting the help she needs. My heart goes out to her and I continue to pray for a miracle in her life. Yesterday, the other social worker contacted me to let me know that Mommy D is pregnant and wanted to know if we'd like to be in touch with the adoptive family when she is matched. Of course, I said yes! Then I contacted the other social worker who had been keeping me up to date to see if she knew that Mommy D was expecting. Needless to say, without going into details...there are some legal issues brewing in this situation. Please pray that all will be resolved in a Christ like manner. If Mommy D is indeed pregnant we pray for the safety and health of the baby and that the Lord would be already working in the hearts of the baby's adoptive family. Supposedly she is due with the baby in November????
Thanks for praying!

No comments:
Post a Comment