Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Unspoken Request

What was our unspoken request that we asked prayer for?  This afternoon we received a call from our social worker saying that she had told Mommy D that we were in town and that we could get together with her so she could meet Jaydon.  Well we were in town....yesterday.  So we began trying to figure out a time that it would work to get together and hoped it wouldn't be a dry run.  We set up a time for 6:00 p.m., this evening and it was probably about 6:15 p.m., or so that we actually met up with the social worker and Mommy D at McDonald's (the place where we first met her).  I'm not quite sure what I expected to happen, but tonight wasn't how I pictured the reunion.  When we arrived, without saying anything to us, she came and took Jaydon out of his carseat, while still in the van and carried him in to McDonald's and then sat down with him and cuddled him for awhile.  I know that she loves him, but this came as a bit of a shock and was hard for this mommy to soak in the aggressiveness.  Needless to say we kept a very close eye on her and stayed very close by!!  She did talk some with Skeeter and I but it wasn't to find out how Jaydon was, it was to ask us for money.  So I gave her the couple of dollars that I had, but that wasn't enough.  So unfortunately the evening ended with her crying and upset and saying that we all lied to her and that no one cared.  She also said to the gist that the evening was a waste. :(

I am thankful that we were able to get a few pictures so that Jaydon will have some pictures of her with him, but unfortunately, this will likely be the last time we see Mommy D.  My heart does hurt for her as she is completely back out on the streets and to watch her practically inhale her food was sobering.  Who knows when or what her next meal will be. Our social worker slipped and told her where we live, so hopefully she didn't catch it and won't cause trouble!  However, we do have a God who is in control and can protect!

On a more positive note, Jaydon's social security card came in the mail today. :)

Thank you all for praying!!  Here are a few pictures from this evening----




2 comments:

  1. Joy - I think I know how you felt watching her take your son in that way... it's so hard, because you love your child's birth mom and grieve for her, but this is YOUR child, not her's anymore. I watched a similar scenario time and time again for the first 9 months of Emily's life, and still watch it once a year with Danny. And it's another draw-back of adopting a child from your own community! (or near by) Anyway, my heart goes out to you!

    ReplyDelete