Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

Friday, July 4, 2014

Day 1 Update and Jaydon's First 4th

When one goes on a missions trip, it seems like something always happens to make the trip more interesting, or sometimes more stressful.  This trip started out no differently!  Skeeter left the house around 3:15 a.m., and arrived at the church early as they planned to leave at 3:45 a.m.  Around 3:30-3:35 a.m., he called me to ask where his passport was as he couldn't find it in his luggage.  I looked in the house and sure enough, there it was sitting on the piano.  So he had to come all the way back home to get it and then turn around and get back to the church so that they could leave.  I am guessing the migraine he had last night affected his thinking somewhat as he finished gathering up his luggage. :(  So thankful he caught that error before they left for the trip, or who knows what would've happened.  All must have gone well in getting to the airport in time, because I received a text at 9:08 a.m., that they had arrived in California.  He also mentioned that gasoline out there is $4.21 a gallon!  Ouch!!

They then enjoyed getting to do some sight seeing at Disneyland.  I was so excited when Skeeter emailed me a picture of some characters he met from one of my favorite movies. :)


I can only imagine what the fireworks display will be like there this evening!  I bet it will be an amazing show. So thankful they get to have some "down time" before they get down to work next week!  Thanks for continuing to pray!

On another note, today was Jaydon's first 4th of July!  He wasn't too sure about the loud fireworks.  Those seemed to be a bit scary for him.  But he enjoyed the parade this morning as he played on the sidewalk while the parade was going on behind him.  LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment